- The router/default gateway sends out ICMP redirects to a RHEL box that seems to ignore them
- No correct routing entries can be found in the router cache after redirects.
- The redirect is not subject to any of the reject conditions seen in the code
- The new gateway is not the same as the default gateway
- all.accept_redirects and eth0.accept_redirects are both 1
- all.forwarding and eth0.forwarding are both 1
- There are no error messages in the logs about rt_cache rebuilding
- New gateway is on the local network
- Shared media and secure redirects are off
- The new gateway is a normal unicast IP
- Probing shows that the reject conditions are not misfiring
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.