- The following exception is found in the JBoss server log:
ERROR [org.jboss.cache.buddyreplication.BuddyManager] Caught exception handling view change org.jboss.cache.CacheException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
- Killing one node in a cluster results in "OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded" or "OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" on the remaining nodes.
- We captured a heap dump and the bulk of the retention is in a single AsyncViewChangeHandlerThread, which holds it in a byte and/or an ExposedByteArrayOutputStream.
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
- 4.x, 5.x
- Clustered configuration with buddy replication
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.