- Using Apache to forward requests to a JBoss application server running on the same machine via AJP.
- Web application uses a filter to provide NTLM authentication (using the jcifs library).
- Apache proxies the request to JBoss
- JBoss returns a 401 requesting NTLM credentials which Apache forwards to the client
- The client (running IE), returns a valid response for the resource with proper authentication.
- JBoss rejects this request with a 401 also.
- Going directly to JBoss (http://server:port) works.
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) 5
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.