- fence device configured with fence_ipmilan is frequently timing out
- Connectivity test of fence device is showing "ERROR: Connection timed out" messages frequently while using below command, although the "Status: ON" output message is also seen a few times :
# time fence_ipmilan -a <iLO_ip_addr> -P -l <login> -p <password> -o status ERROR: Connection timed out
- Additionally, other fence device configured with iLO IP on the same subnet in the cluster shows the "Status: ON" messages everytime.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.6 (with High Availability and/or Resilient Storage Add-on)
- Cluster node with hardware that supports IPMI power management via fence_ipmilan
- HP iLO4
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.