- I'm attempting to use the virsh shutdown command against a server named dns1:
# virsh shutdown vmname --mode acpi
- On the virtual server a prompt displays asking if I wish to shutdown the system with various choices. I do not want to use
virsh destroy [vmname], that would be too abrupt.
- Is there a method to shutdown a guest with the
virsh shutdownwithout being prompted on the virtual system?
- I went through the below article and verified the below was not an issue: https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/23170
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3 KVM guest
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.