Adding an other disk makes the server unable to boot. The initial configuration looked like this:
- boot from controller 1
- /boot and the OS is on controller 2
- controller 1 and 2 both contain one (logical) disk
- grub.conf lists "root (hd1,0)"
After adding an other disk the configuration has been updated to:
- add additional disk on controller 1 (disk two)
- still boot from controller 1 (disk one)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- GRUB bootloader
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.