- When I attempt to manually activate a volume group that will be used by an lvm resource in a cluster service, it fails to activate but doesn't give any specific error.
# vgchange -aey clust 0 logical volume(s) in volume group "clust" now active # lvchange -aey clust/lv1 # lvs clust LV VG Attr LSize Pool Origin Data% Move Log Copy% Convert lv1 clust -wi----- 1020.00m lv2 clust -wi----- 1020.00m
- My clustered lvm resource won't start, without giving any specific error messages other than:
Jul 03 16:06:21 rgmanager [lvm] Starting volume group, clust Jul 03 16:06:22 rgmanager [lvm] Failed to activate clust Jul 03 16:06:22 rgmanager start on lvm "clust" returned 1 (generic error)
- Can not activate HA LVM in Service Group.
- I'm unable to do failover of cluster service with lvm resources
- The Volume Group in our cluster service is unable to activate the logical volumes
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 or 6 with the High Availability Add on
locking_type = 3in
- volume group in question is marked with the "clustered" ('c') attribute
/etc/lvm/lvm.confthat does not include the volume group in question
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.