- Ananconda crashes at the partitioning screen, however at the shell prompt I can partition a lun attached to the qlogic card, format and mount a filesystem and save the annaconda crash log onto the disk. These are multipath disks, and appear to be detected as such in the anaconda log, but end up on the basic tab, not multipath tab, so perhaps a bug in RHEL6 installer?
- Uploaded the RHEL6 installer log file. Error IS related to multipath:
anaconda 22.214.171.124 exception report Traceback (most recent call first): File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1092, in _execute_child raise child_exception File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 595, in __init__ errread, errwrite) File "/usr/lib/anaconda/iutil.py", line 134, in execWithRedirect env=env) File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devices.py", line 3109, in setup stderr = "/dev/tty5") File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devicetree.py", line 1935, in populate mp.setup() File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/__init__.py", line 374, in reset self.devicetree.populate() File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/__init__.py", line 109, in storageInitialize storage.reset() File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 205, in moveStep rc = stepFunc(self.anaconda) File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 126, in gotoNext self.moveStep() File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1308, in nextClicked self.anaconda.dispatch.gotoNext() RuntimeError: multipath can not be run
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Beta 1 Installer
- anaconda versions prior to anaconda-13.21.25-1
- Attempting to install onto multipath disks
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.