- The Directory Server console (redhat-idm-console) cannot be used to add a netHSM security module
- Command line tools (modutil, certutil) must be used to add the netHSM module prior to use
After configuring Directory Server to use an external security module via redhat-idm-console, the following error is displayed:
SSL alert: Security Initialization: Unable to find slot Netscape Portable Runtime error -8127 - The security card or token does not exist, needs to be initialized, or has been removed.
- Red Hat Directory Server 8
- Red Hat Directory Server 9
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- nCipher netHSM Hardware Security Module
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.