- Red Hat Satellite 5.8
- The newest kickstart-trees for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5,7.6 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.10 are not available on satellite server for syncing.
# ls -ld /var/satellite/rhn/kickstart/ks-rhel-x86_64-server-7-7.* drwxr-x--- 9 apache apache 4096 Jul 18 15:19 /var/satellite/rhn/kickstart/ks-rhel-x86_64-server-7-7.0 drwxr-x--- 9 apache apache 4096 Jul 18 15:08 /var/satellite/rhn/kickstart/ks-rhel-x86_64-server-7-7.1 drwxr-x--- 9 apache apache 4096 Jul 18 15:14 /var/satellite/rhn/kickstart/ks-rhel-x86_64-server-7-7.2 drwxr-x--- 9 apache apache 4096 Jul 18 15:03 /var/satellite/rhn/kickstart/ks-rhel-x86_64-server-7-7.3 drwxr-x--- 8 apache apache 4096 Feb 13 2018 /var/satellite/rhn/kickstart/ks-rhel-x86_64-server-7-7.4
cdn-syncis not able to list latest EUS channels.
- Install the latest
cdn-sync-mappingspackage on the Satellite server by running below commands:
# yum update cdn-sync-mappings
- Once the latest package has been installed please go ahead refresh the manifest on the satellite server:
# rhn-satellite-activate --manifest-refresh
- Now go ahead and sync the satellite server.
cdn-sync-mappingsprovides satellite information about available channels.
- When a new channel is released by Red Hat its mapping is added into the latest version of this package. So it's important to patch satellite server with all available latest packages along with the cdn-sync-mappings package.
- Check the installed version of
cdn-sync-mappingspackage on the Satellite server:
# rpm -qa |grep cdn-sync-mappings
- And confirm whether it's of latest version or not comparing with the versions available on Red Hat Customer Portal.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.