- What could be causing the file system on my RHEL 4.3 or 5.0 VMware guest to go read-only?
- Filesystem of VMWare guest running on ESX server becomes read-only on RHEL 4.
- Read only file system, OS Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 4) 32 bit running on VMware ESXI version 5 server. The file system root becomes read-only and in
/var/log/messagesI observe following I/O error message:
May 8 01:36:44 localhost kernel: SCSI error : <0 0 4 0> return code = 0x20008 May 8 01:36:44 localhost kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sde, sector 7033576 May 8 01:36:44 localhost kernel: Buffer I/O error on device dm-0, logical block 22350381 May 8 01:36:44 localhost kernel: lost page write due to I/O error on dm-0
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) 4.3 and earlier
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) 5.0
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.