- Why instances are not reachable for few mins after live-migration?
- Before live-migration instance was pingable.
- Traffic lost during the migration.
- Once the instance is spawned successfully on destination compute node still it not reachable for 5 mins. Which is equal to 300s default timeout for linux bridge entry.
- Traffic was reaching upto the qvb interface of linux bridge but was not reaching to tap interface.
- Security rules doesn't seem to be an issue here.
- Captured linux bridge mac entries at the time of issue from destination compute node indicates that wrong port and MAC address mapping could be the cause of issue.
- Newly populated after timeout of old entry entry pick the right port corresponding to MAC address.
- After that instance was reachable.
Note: Issue was not reproducible at desire, it's an intermittent issue.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8.0
- Cisco ACI
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.