- The test involved moving the service group from the active to the passive nodes to make both the DB-instance services running on one node at a time.
- Rgmanager was triggering the shutdown of the DB service and releasing of the listener IP perfectly, but failing to assign the IP address to the passive node.
- The service was restarted back on the local active node .
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL6) with the High Availability Add on
- 2 or more nodes in a cluster
- Issue observed on cman-3.0.12-41.el6.x86_64, and at this time it is unknown if other versions are also affected.
- rgmanager to manage service group relocation
- corosync service is started independently of the cman service (usually via init scripts):
# chkconfig --list corosync corosync 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.