- Is it supported to use a whole multipathed disk and write a "simple protective MBR" (cf. Wikipedia on GUID Partition Table) with
- I want to be prepared for future storage growth:
- I want to use LVM.
- I want to be able to resize the underlying storage and have the LVM setup adapt to that.
- The underlying storage is multipathed.
- I want to use a protective MBR to signal that the storage is in use and to prevent foreign OS installers from considering the storage as available.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.3
- Resizeable storage devices (for example, Fibre Channel Storage Area Network (SAN) LUNs)
- Logical Volume Management (LVM)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.