- Red Hat Enterprise 3, and 4.
- Since May 2006, the Mozilla Foundation no longer maintains the Mozilla Application Suite with updates and security fixes.
- The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to deliver production-quality releases of code derived from the former Mozilla Application Suite.
- Red Hat is therefore providing updates for Red Hat Enterprise Linux that replace the Mozilla Application Suite with SeaMonkey. The immediate benefits are that there is an assured stream of bug fixes, security fixes, and new features with SeaMonkey. Our decision was based on the high importance of maintaining a secure and reliable product.
- Customers who currently have mozilla packages installed and who update their systems using the
up2datetool will notice that the mozilla packages are replaced by seamonkey.
Please note that the ABI/API for plug-ins and applications explicitly using the Mozilla interfaces will change and therefore some applications and plug-ins may need to be updated.
- For Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 customers, Mozilla Application Suite was replaced by SeaMonkey in the scheduled Update 8 on 20th July 2006.
- For Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 customers, Mozilla Application Suite was replaced by SeaMonkey in a security erratum on 2nd August 2006. The SeaMonkey packages will also be part of the scheduled Update 4 release.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.