- omsa doesn't start
- Oracle fails to start with the error "OS system dependent operation:semget failed with status: 28"
- /var/log/messages has entries: Server Administrator (Shared Library): Data Engine EventID: A semaphore set has to be created but the system limit for the maximum number of semaphore sets has been exceeded
- The semaphore problem seems to occur after the luns have been scanned, partitioned, and labeled for oracleasm.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - All Architectures
- EMC Powerpath drivers installed and configured on boot.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.