- Red Hat Enterprise Virtulization 3.0
- Not able to migrate the vm to other host. Getting following error:
2012-09-13 13:37:02,841 INFO [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.VdsUpdateRunTimeInfo] (QuartzScheduler_Worker-38) vds::refreshVmList vm id af02a098-e07f-4d0f-bf88-34870520adec status = Down on vds <Host Name> ignoring it in the refresh till migration is done 2012-09-13 13:37:22,065 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.VdsUpdateRunTimeInfo] (QuartzScheduler_Worker-72) vds::refreshVdsStats Failed getVdsStats, vds = 3bd35aa2-fd0e-11e1-897a-0017a4770c0c : <Host Name>, error = VDSNetworkException: VDSNetworkException:
- In "/etc/hosts" file on all hypervisors, remove "hostname" which is mapped to "127.0.0.1" and mention in following format:
<IP Address> <Host Name>
- Ensure that entries in /etc/hosts match the hostnames defined in other Hypervisor's /etc/hosts file, DNS or other external name resolution system.
- Reboot both hosts.
- Then try to migrate vm's.
$ cat hostname <Hypervisor Hostname> $ cat etc/hosts 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost <Hypervisor Hostname> <=== ::1 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.