- How to use various sizes/numbers of monitors on RHEL 6.6 guest with
NVIDIA K2GPU pass-through from RHEL 7.1 KVM hypervisor.
- Also supplying EDID file from 30" monitor capable of
2560x1600at 60Hz to
xorg.conf. However during the mode validation the mode with these parameters is discarded as invalid as EDID calls for 268.5MHz pixel clock while passed through GPU with NVIDIA driver seems to be capable only max 165MHz.
- On bare metal with the same hardware, getting 330MHz available. That way mode
2560x1600@60Hzwith 268.5 pixel clock requirement provided by EDID becomes valid.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1
- KVM Hypervisor (7.1)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 guest
- Hardware: Dell T630, K2 grid, 340.56 nvidia driver
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.