- Cannot connect from local host to https after configuring ipforwarding.
- Configured port forwarding using
iptablesfrom 80 to 8080 . Port redirection works when it is accessed from other hosts, but when logged in to the system locally, port redirection doesn't work.
- iptables port forwarding from localhost to a different port doesn't work.
- An iptables rule to to redirect all traffic from <virtual IP>:80 to <virtual IP>:1024 works when accessed from external hosts. However when the traffic is coming from another application on the same host, it does not work (access to the listening application is denied)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (all versions)
iptables, with a PREROUTING rule such as:
-A PREROUTING -d 192.168.143.123 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.143.123:1024
-A PREROUTING -m tcp -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8080
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.