/var/log/messagesreports errors similar to:
Nov 7 05:15:25 hostname kernel: sd 0:0:1:0: reservation conflict Nov 7 05:15:25 hostname kernel: sd 0:0:1:0: SCSI error: return code = 0x00000018
Oct 20 18:17:20 hostname kernel: scsi1 (0,5,0) : reservation conflict Oct 20 18:17:20 hostname kernel: SCSI error : <1 0 5 0> return code = 0x18 Oct 20 18:17:20 hostname kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sdg, sector 1331359
When these errors are seen, the following symptoms have been reported
- SCSI Reservation Conflicts
- Devices will not mount
- File systems may be set to Read Only
- Commands that access shared storage are taking a long time to complete, or fail
Other symptoms include
- System hangs during boot when fiber-channel LUNs are presented and "reservation conflict" messages
- GFS file system will not mount, followed by reservation conflicts.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7
- A Service or Application that uses SCSI Persistent Reservations, such as
- A High Availability cluster using fence_scsi
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.