/var/log/messagesreports errors similar to:
Nov 7 05:15:25 hostname kernel: sd 0:0:1:0: reservation conflict Nov 7 05:15:25 hostname kernel: sd 0:0:1:0: SCSI error: return code = 0x00000018
Oct 20 18:17:20 hostname kernel: scsi1 (0,5,0) : reservation conflict Oct 20 18:17:20 hostname kernel: SCSI error : <1 0 5 0> return code = 0x18 Oct 20 18:17:20 hostname kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sdg, sector 1331359
When these errors are seen, the following symptoms have been reported
- SCSI Reservation Conflicts
- Devices will not mount
- File systems may be set to Read Only
- Commands that access shared storage are taking a long time to complete, or fail
Other symptoms include
- System hangs during boot when fiber-channel LUNs are presented and "reservation conflict" messages
- GFS file system will not mount, followed by reservation conflicts.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7
- A Service or Application that uses SCSI Persistent Reservations, such as
- A High Availability cluster using fence_scsi
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.