- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (All Versions)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 on AMD64 and Intel 64 architectures
- RHSCL 2 Beta
- RHSCL 2 GA (General Availability)
- Unable to upgrade php to php56 in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7
RHSCL 2.0 beta has now been moved to GA (General Availability). Hence, all the packages from RHSCL 2.0 beta has now been moved to the GA channel. The PHP56 package is now available from RHSCL 2.0 GA channel and not from Beta.
rhel-server-rhscl-7-rpmsis enabled on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
To verify rhel-server-rhscl-7-rpms repository is enabled on the system, execute the below command.
# subscription-manager repos --list
- If the repository is disabled then enable the repository, to get php56 package.
# subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-server-rhscl-7-rpms # yum repolist << To verify the above repository is enabled # yum install php56
PHP56, package is now available from RHSCL 2.0 GA channel and not from Beta. For more information refer latest Red Hat Software Collections release notes
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.