Cannot create a ksession in a war application

Posted on

Hi

I am trying to create an application that uses a stateless knowledge session for executing rules. The environment in like this:
- a jboss eap 6.2 server
- a jboss-bpms-6.0.0.GA-redhat-2-deployable-eap6.x.zip distribution that is deployed in the eap server

Now, i have created a project in the bpms server, using the Project Authoring tool. I have a data model, some rules and i have defined the kmodule.xml like this:

<kmodule xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" 
         xmlns="http://jboss.org/kie/6.0.0/kmodule">
  <kbase name="apertura" default="true" eventProcessingMode="stream" equalsBehavior="equality" declarativeAgenda="disabled" scope="javax.enterprise.context.ApplicationScoped">
    <ksession name="aperturaStatefulKnowledgeSession" type="stateful" default="true" clockType="realtime" beliefSystem="simple" scope="javax.enterprise.context.ApplicationScoped"/>
    <ksession name="aperturaStatelessKnowledgeSession" type="stateless" default="true" clockType="realtime" beliefSystem="simple" scope="javax.enterprise.context.ApplicationScoped"/>
  </kbase>
</kmodule>

The build of the kjar works fine, and i can see the deployment in the Deployment Units list. After that, i am trying to use that kjar in my application. The application includes the jar in the WEB-INF/lib folder. The application is being deployed in the same jboss eap 6.2 server that is running the bpms deployable

Then i am trying to apply the rules this way:

KieServices kServices = KieServices.Factory.get();
KieContainer kContainer = kServices.getKieClasspathContainer()
KieSession kSession = kContainer.newKieSession();

But then i am getting this error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot find a default StatelessKieSession

If i run the same snippet in a JUnit test, everything works fine.

if i try to do this

kContainer.getKieBase()

then i get the exception

java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot find a default KieBase

My guess is that the kieContainer is not picking the classpath right, because i am creating a default kbase as you can see in the kmodule.xml. Even if i try to get the kieBase by name, is does not work.

But why is it working in a junit test ?? How can i accomplish this ?

thanks

Responses