This guide outlines the basic installation method for Red Hat Certificate System.
Note: The recommended method is a Red Hat Directory Server deployment on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, with Red Hat Certificate system deployed on a separate Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 system.
Install a Red Hat Directory Server.
- Create new dedicated operating system groups for the subsystems. The Certificate System subsystems must run as system users within a dedicated group.
- Assign users to the operating system groups to perform the subsystem administrative tasks.
- Download the Red Hat Certificate System ISO.
- create a repository from it. Mount the ISO and
pkicreateto create the subsystem instances.
- Configure the Certificate System CA subsystem. At least one CA subsystem must be installed and fully configured before any other type of subsystem can be configured.
Note: Once the CA is installed, the other subsystems can be installed and configured in any order.
Configure the Registration Authority (RA), Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP), and Data Recovery Manager (DRM) subsystems.