RHSA-2020:5259 - Security Advisory
Moderate: OpenShift Container Platform 4.6.8 security and bug fix update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform release 4.6.8 is now available with updates to packages and images that fix several bugs.
This release includes a security update for openshift-enterprise-builder-container for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat's cloud computing
Kubernetes application platform solution designed for on-premise or private
- kubernetes: Docker config secrets leaked when file is malformed and loglevel >= 4 (CVE-2020-8564)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
This advisory contains the container images for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6.8. See the following advisory for the RPM packages for this release:
Space precludes documenting all of the container images in this advisory. See the following Release Notes documentation, which will be updated shortly for this release, for details about these changes:
You may download the oc tool and use it to inspect release image metadata as follows:
(For x86_64 architecture)
$ oc adm release info quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.6.8-x86_64
The image digest is sha256:6ddbf56b7f9776c0498f23a54b65a06b3b846c1012200c5609c4bb716b6bdcdf
(For s390x architecture)
$ oc adm release info quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.6.8-s390x
The image digest is sha256:d04521dc0000f7eb07aba141589e54dc0f0dae32059055fe0a3f74b437c086b5
(For ppc64le architecture)
$ oc adm release info quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.6.8-ppc64le
The image digest is sha256:81d023ca732b72e24da1e7354978a3d6e5c1746c4a8e19668a5bbe4e9fb69f82
All OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages and images when they are available in the appropriate release channel. To check for available updates, use the OpenShift Console or the CLI oc command. Instructions for upgrading a cluster are available
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 see the following documentation, which
will be updated shortly for this release, for important instructions on how
to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata update:
Details on how to access this content are available at
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.6 for RHEL 8 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.6 for RHEL 8 s390x
- BZ - 1885619 - apiserver tries and fails to log an event when shutting down
- BZ - 1886637 - CVE-2020-8564 kubernetes: Docker config secrets leaked when file is malformed and loglevel >= 4
- BZ - 1886769 - Attempt to add a worker using bad roodDeviceHint: bmh and machine become Provisioned, no error in status
- BZ - 1887519 - [4.5]kubeletconfig's description will show multiple lines for finalizers when upgrade from 4.4.8->4.5
- BZ - 1887782 - Wrong detection of pending state in VM details
- BZ - 1888467 - Repos should be disabled in -firstboot.service before OS extensions are applied
- BZ - 1888602 - [release 4.6] The poddisruptionbudgets is using the operator service account, instead of gather
- BZ - 1888862 - [4.6] need to pass dual-stack service CIDRs to kube-apiserver in dual-stack cluster
- BZ - 1888910 - Placeholder bug for OCP 4.6.0 extras release
- BZ - 1890232 - Overwrite jenkins-agent-base imagestream
- BZ - 1890614 - Cypress: Fix 'Ensures buttons have discernible text' accesibility violation
- BZ - 1891518 - openshift-object-counts quota is not dynamically updating as the resource is deleted.
- BZ - 1891795 - the authentication operator may spam DeploymentUpdated event endlessly
- BZ - 1892270 - Removing network policy from namespace causes inability to access pods through loadbalancer.
- BZ - 1892382 - OperatorExited, Pending marketplace-operator-... pod for several weeks
- BZ - 1892428 - Clean up dependencies to avoid invalid scan flagging
- BZ - 1892706 - z systems not reporting correct core count in recording rule
- BZ - 1893480 - linuxptp-daemon crash
- BZ - 1893693 - oc describe route SIGSEGV
- BZ - 1893879 - operator install authentication: Authentication require functional ingress which requires at least one schedulable and ready node
- BZ - 1893909 - Project link should be removed from Application Details page, since it is inaccurate (Application Stages)
- BZ - 1893969 - oauth-proxy repository should run tests
- BZ - 1893977 - node-ca pod become unable to work after OCP upgrade if using taints feature
- BZ - 1894345 - oauth-apiserver logs many "[SHOULD NOT HAPPEN] failed to update managedFields for ... OAuthClient ... no corresponding type for oauth.openshift.io/v1, Kind=OAuthClient"
- BZ - 1896370 - Kuryr controller continuously restarting due to unable to clean up Network Policy
- BZ - 1896691 - oc must-gather on Windows nodes doesn't collect container runtime logs
- BZ - 1897043 - ordered-values.yaml not honored if values.schema.json provided
- BZ - 1897575 - Scaling new nodes to during configuration change uses old configuration
- BZ - 1898096 - Git links should avoid .git as part of the URL and should not link git:// urls in general
- BZ - 1898269 - [OVN]: `make check` broken on 4.6
- BZ - 1898567 - ovs-configuration.service fails when multiple IPv6 default routes are provided via RAs over the same interface and deployment bootstrap fails
- BZ - 1898595 - Backport request SR-IOV network operator 4.6 --- When adding more than one node selector to the sriovnetworknodepolicy, the cni and the device plugin pods are constantly rebooted
- BZ - 1898831 - kcm operator shall pass --allocate-node-cidrs=false to kcm for ovn-kube and openshift-sdn cluster
- BZ - 1898875 - Remove TechPreview Badge from Monitoring
- BZ - 1899176 - [4.6.z] bump the RHCOS boot images for 4.6.z
- BZ - 1899190 - Installation fails with "cannot go from state 'deploy failed' to state 'manageable'" due to eventlet ssl error in IPA agent
- BZ - 1899286 - [4.6.z] Unable to get coreos-installer with --copy-network to work
- BZ - 1899361 - [4.6.z] Ignition config fetch times out too early on OpenStack
- BZ - 1899735 - Machine Config Daemon removes a file although its defined in the dropin
- BZ - 1899747 - When an Install Plan gets deleted, OLM does not create a new one
- BZ - 1900261 - stalld is not restarted after crash
- BZ - 1900270 - configuring webhook token authentication should prevent cluster upgrades
- BZ - 1900562 - NP changes sometimes influence new pods.
- BZ - 1900658 - Can't run container with hostPort on ipv6 cluster
- BZ - 1900666 - Increased etcd fsync latency as of OCP 4.6
- BZ - 1900988 - Prometheus error opening query log file on EBS backed PVC
- BZ - 1901021 - RHCOS 4.6.1 missing ISCSI initiatorname.iscsi !
- BZ - 1901208 - Nodes goes into NotReady state (VMware)
- BZ - 1901512 - Git clone from private repository fails after upgrade OCP 4.5 to 4.6
- BZ - 1902204 - kuryr-cni cannot start new thread
- BZ - 1902797 - e2e-metal-ipi-ovn-dualstack is failing
- BZ - 1903362 - Additional PVs privisioned over a different dm-X symlink but sharing the same underlying devicePath
- BZ - 1904010 - Ingress controller incorrectly routes traffic to non-ready pods/backends.
- BZ - 1904129 - kuryr tempest plugin test test_ipblock_network_policy_sg_rules fails
- BZ - 1904594 - All application traffic broken due to unexpected load balancer change on 4.6.4 -> 4.6.6 upgrade
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.