RHSA-2004:480 - Security Advisory
ImageMagick security update
Security Advisory: Important
Updated ImageMagick packages that fix a BMP loader vulnerability are now
ImageMagick(TM) is an image display and manipulation tool for the X Window
A heap overflow flaw has been discovered in the ImageMagick image handler.
An attacker could create a carefully crafted BMP file in such a way that it
could cause ImageMagick to execute arbitrary code when processing the
image. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project (cve.mitre.org)
has assigned the name CAN-2004-0827 to this issue.
Users of ImageMagick should upgrade to this updated package, which contains
a backported patch, and is not vulnerable to this issue.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages. To launch the Red Hat
Update Agent, use the following command:
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 130807 - CAN-2004-0827 heap overflow in BMP decoder
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.