RHEA-2016:1598 - Product Enhancement Advisory
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9 images Release Candidate Advisory
Product Enhancement Advisory
rhosp-director-images packages are now available for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9 Release Candidate.
Changes to the rhosp-director-images component:
- This update resolves an issue whereby the image building process was missing DIB_CLOUD_INIT_ETC_HOSTS=false, which would result in the '/etc/hosts' file containing entries for the node names and FQDN pointing to the loopback address, causing the cluster to be unable to start. (BZ#1337465)
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9 runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2.
The Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9 Release Notes contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to form a working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9, including which channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through 'yum update' on systems registered through Red Hat Subscription Manager. For more information about Red Hat Subscription Manager, see:
- Red Hat OpenStack 9 x86_64
- BZ - 1337465 - Overcloud nodes /etc/hosts file contains entry pointing to the loopback address for the nodes hostname
- BZ - 1358923 - New images for director.
Red Hat OpenStack 9