RHEA-2006:0213 - Product Enhancement Advisory
tzdata enhancement update
Product Enhancement Advisory
A tzdata enhancement that includes Timezone/DST rule changes for USA,
Canada, and other countries, is now available.
The tzdata package contains data files with rules for various timezones
around the world.
This update adjusts DST rules for countries that are supposed to join (in
2007) the US DST change (including most of Canada), for Palestine, and zone
changes for Indiana/USA.
Users in the specified countries should upgrade to this updated
package and rerun system-config-date to update the local timezone in
/etc/localtime. Upgrading this package is optional for users not in the
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
This erratum does not contain any packages.