RHEA-2005:253 - Product Enhancement Advisory
tzdata enhancement update
Product Enhancement Advisory
An updated tzdata package that adds daylight savings rule enhancements for
various countries is now available.
The tzdata package contains data files with rules for various timezones
around the world.
This update adjusts timezone files for Israel and Paraguay where daylight
savings rules have recently changed, and a correction for Azerbaijan
daylight saving rules in autumn 1992.
Users in the above mentioned countries should upgrade to this updated
package and rerun system-config-date to update the local timezone in
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages. To launch the Red Hat
Update Agent, use the following command:
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
This erratum does not contain any packages.