RHEA-2003:194 - Product Enhancement Advisory
Updated xconfigurator packages add new models to video monitor database
Product Enhancement Advisory
Updated xconfigurator packages that add new Compaq and Hewlett-Packard
monitors to Xconfigurator's video monitor database are now available.
Xconfigurator is a program used to configure the XFree86 implementation of
the X Window System.
Included with Xconfigurator is a database of video monitors. This database
did not include currently shipping monitors from Compaq and Hewlett-Packard.
Users of Xconfigurator attempting to configure XFree86 for recent Compaq
and Hewlett-Packard monitors should upgrade to these erratum packages.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains
the desired RPMs.
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 2 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 2 i386
- BZ - 90570 - RHEL3: Need to update MonitorsDB in distribution
- BZ - 90575 - RHEL3: Need to update MonitorsDB in distribution
- BZ - 90707 - AS 2.1 Update 3: add hp p930 monitor to monitor DB
- BZ - 92322 - RHEL3: Need to update MonitorsDB in distribution
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 2