RHEA-2003:132 - Product Enhancement Advisory
Updated kudzu packages available
Product Enhancement Advisory
Updated kudzu packages that alter the USB probe to better handle
multi-function USB devices as well as change pcitable mappings for various
drivers are now available.
The original kudzu code in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 handled only the
first function of USB multi-function devices. Subsequent changes to the code
handling these devices have been backported to the Red Hat Enterprise
Linux code base.
If the system is configured to use alternate drivers, Red Hat recommends
that this kudzu errata be applied individually prior to the application of
kernel errata RHSA-2003:147.
Users are advised to upgrade to these updated kudzu packages.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains the
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 2 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 2 i386
- BZ - 83727 - FR AW2.1E2: Y-mouse (PS/2) not recognized
- BZ - 85302 - kudzu out of date, prevents anaconda installer from recognising newest hardware.
- BZ - 87377 - for QU2 errata, update PCI ID list in kudzu/anaconda for drivers added since original Derry & Pensacola spins.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 2