RHBA-2014:1454 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated powerpc-utils packages that fix several bugs and add various
enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
The powerpc-utils packages provide various utilities for the PowerPC platform.
The powerpc-utils packages have been upgraded to upstream version 1.2.20, which
provides a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the previous version. Among
others, the powerpc-utils packages now provide the following new features:
- Support for Dynamic CPU Affinity using the Platform Resource Reassignment
Notifications (PRRN) interface from user space has been added. (BZ#1021522)
- The update_flash utility now supports Firmware Entitlement Checking.
- The ofpathname utility now supports virtio-blk disks. (BZ#1039462)
In addition, this update fixes the following bug:
- Previously, the kernel was not notified before and after an update of a device
tree during a partition migration. As a consequence, the lpar utility terminated
unexpectedly upon resuming after the migration. With this update, the kernel is
notified as expected and lpar no longer crashes in the described scenario.
Users of powerpc-utils are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which
fix these bugs and add these enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 6 ppc64
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 6