RHBA-2014:1124 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated Packstack packages which resolve various issues are now available
for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5.0 (Icehouse) for RHEL 6.5.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform provides the facilities for
building a private or public infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud
running on commonly available physical hardware. This advisory includes
- Installation service ("Packstack").
PackStack is a command-line utility for deploying OpenStack on existing
servers over an SSH connection. Deployment options are provided either
interactively, using the command line, or non-interactively by means of a
text file containing a set of preconfigured values for OpenStack
PackStack is suitable for deploying the following types of configurations:
- Single-node proof-of-concept installations, where all controller services
and your virtual machines run on a single physical host. This is referred
to as an all-in-one install.
- Proof-of-concept installations, where there is a single controller node
and multiple compute nodes. This is similar to the all-in-one install
above, except you may use one or more additional hardware nodes for running
This update provides enhancements and fixes the following bugs:
- PackStack installs Puppet and it's dependencies on all hosts, and now also
updates all necessary Puppet packages to the latest versions available in
- Regex on Ruby version 1.8.7 on RHEL6 behaves differently than on newer
Ruby versions. As a consequence, a new OpenVSwitch bridge, when attached to
a physical network interface, could not inherit its configuration and was
not set up properly.
This has been fixed by using a more generic regex implementation.
Now, the OVS bridge gets created as expected on RHEL6. (BZ#1133446)
These packages also fix some other bugs found in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux
OpenStack Platform 4 release.
Before applying this update, ensure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5 for RHEL 6 runs on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 6.5.
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5 for RHEL 6 Release Notes
contain the following:
- An explanation of the way in which the provided components interact to form a
working cloud computing environment.
- Technology Previews, Recommended Practices, and Known Issues.
- The channels required for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5 for
RHEL 6, including which channels need to be enabled and disabled.
The Release Notes are available at:
This update is available through the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat OpenStack 5.0 for RHEL 6 x86_64
- BZ - 1122142 - Rubygem-staypuft: Neutron deployment with vxlan doesn't configure br-ex on the neutron-networker, As results instances won't be able get outside the network.
- BZ - 1132129 - AIO packstack fails - bridge module not installed
- BZ - 1132408 - Packstack should update puppet/facter dependencies
- BZ - 1133446 - puppet-neutron destroys br-ex
Red Hat OpenStack 5.0 for RHEL 6