RHBA-2014:0547 - Bug Fix Advisory
rhevm 3.3.3 bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated rhevm packages that fix various bugs are now available.
The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager is a centralized management
platform that allows system administrators to view and manage virtual
machines. The Manager provides a comprehensive range of features including
search capabilities, resource management, live migrations, and virtual
The Manager is a JBoss Application Server application that provides several
interfaces through which the virtual environment can be accessed and interacted
with, including an Administration Portal, a User Portal, and a Representational
State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interface (API).
Changes to the jasperreports-server-pro component:
- Previously, when the rhevm-reports web interface generated a report, it
displayed the current month in Period Range instead of the historical date range
specified by the user. Now, the Period Range displays according to user input.
Changes to the ovirt-engine-backend component:
- Previously, if a user entered an incorrect password on the User Portal, the
RHEV-M server sent the bad authentication to the AD server repeatedly, locking
the account. Now, login fails once and allows for a new attempt. (BZ#1088123)
- Previously, jobs that took too long to complete would fail under certain
conditions due to database errors. This was caused by the logic used to clean up
jobs, which would remove jobs with no steps or asynchronous steps. Now, this
logic has been revised so that such jobs are not removed, allowing jobs that
take a long time to complete to be processed correctly. (BZ#1083423)
- It is now possible to configure bonds on physical host network interface cards
configured with DHCP. (BZ#1082296)
- Previously the help text for taskcleaner.sh contained a misleading description
for the -R option. Rather than removing only all zombies tasks as stated, the
option actually removes all tasks. Now, the description for the -R option
reflects its actual function. (BZ#1084774)
- Previously, attempts to deactivate the master storage domain in environments
in which there were no other domains to which to migrate resulted in an error
under certain conditions. The logic used to deactivate storage domains failed to
run the SpmStop action on the storage pool manager when zombie tasks were still
present. Now, this logic has been revised so that the master storage domain is
deactivated only after the storage pool manager has been stopped successfully.
- Previously, users were asked to change the root password on virtual machines
during their first run even if the root password had been set using the
Cloud-Init feature. Cloud-Init logic has been updated and users are no longer
prompted to change the root password or to log in as root. (BZ#1082636)
- Previously, there was a spelling mistake in a variable name in the
encryptionvalidator.sh script. The script did not work. Now, this spelling
mistake has been corrected. (BZ#1082506)
Changes to the ovirt-engine-setup component:
- Previously, attempts to configure a local NFS ISO domain on the machine on
which the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager was installed failed under
certain conditions when upgrading from version 3.2 to version 3.3. The setup
process failed to recognize existing local NFS ISO domains created using the
default name, and this resulted in an attempt to create a duplicate entry in the
engine database. Now, the logic in the setup process has been revised: the
option to configure a local NFS ISO domain is not presented during an upgrade.
All Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager users are advised to upgrade to
these updated packages, which resolve these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.3 x86_64
- BZ - 1054108 - engine: DeactivateStorageDomainCommand fails with vdsm error: 'Operation not allowed while SPM is active' because we do not actually send SpmStop while there are unknown tasks
- BZ - 1060700 - [scale] race - sometimes VM and VDS statuses is not being updated (host stuck in unassigned)
- BZ - 1079287 - Tasks are cleared while they are still running
- BZ - 1082296 - setupNetworks: nic with dhcp cannot be bonded
- BZ - 1082506 - Typo in encryptionvalidator.sh in RHEV > 3.2 prevents script from running
- BZ - 1082636 - SSH injection via cloud-init UI goes to root instead of creating cloud-user
- BZ - 1083423 - RHEV 3.3 - Live Migration fails with ERROR: insert or update on table "step" violates foreign key constraint "fk_step_job"
- BZ - 1084774 - [TEXT] taskcleaner.sh has dangerously misleading help text
- BZ - 1088123 - RHEV-M server appears to send the bad authentication to the AD server repeatedly, locking the account.
- BZ - 1098767 - [vdsm] engine fails to add host with vdsm version 4.13.0
Red Hat Virtualization 3.3