RHBA-2014:0239 - Bug Fix Advisory
ovirt-hosted-engine-setup bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated ovirt-hosted-engine-setup package that fixes various bugs and adds an
enhancement is now available.
The ovirt-hosted-engine-setup package provides a self-hosted engine tool for Red
Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager. A self-hosted engine is a virtualized
environment in which the Manager runs on a virtual machine on the hosts managed
by the Manager. The self-hosted engine currently only runs on Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 6.5 hosts.
To install the self-hosted engine, run:
# yum install ovirt-hosted-engine-setup
Refer to the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.3 Installation Guide for
All Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager users should install this
update which includes this enhancement.
Changes to the ovirt-hosted-engine-setup component:
- Previously, the 'hosted-engine --vm-start' command would fail if the hosted
engine virtual machine already existed and had a status of 'down'. Now, setup
automatically shuts down the virtual machine so that the 'hosted-engine
- -vm-start' command succeeds. (BZ#1055495)
- Running 'hosted-engine --deploy' now proposes the current default gateway as
the default answer for "Please indicate a pingable gateway IP address:"
- A notification previously in the self-hosted engine installation procedure
could have been interpreted to suggest that the process of installing of the
engine on a virtual machine was undertaken automatically by the installation
process. This notification has been rephrased in order to make clear that the
user must manually install the engine on a virtual machine. (BZ#1046145)
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.3 x86_64
- BZ - 1046145 - [hosted engine] - TEXT - installation dialogue is misleading
- BZ - 1046146 - [hosted engine] - TEXT - 'screen' in installation dialogue is not specific enough
- BZ - 1046147 - [RFE] [hosted engine] propose Default GW IP during installation
- BZ - 1055495 - engine vm should be powered off if user decides to reboot it and start again while hosted engine installation.
- BZ - 1066085 - hosted-engine --deploy cannot import name mixins
Red Hat Virtualization 3.3