RHBA-2014:0040 - Bug Fix Advisory
vdsm bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated vdsm packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now
VDSM is a management module that serves as a Red Hat Enterprise
Virtualization Manager agent on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Hypervisor or Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts.
Detailed descriptions for the bug fixes and enhancements in this release are
provided in the Technical Notes book:
All users managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux Virtualization hosts using Red Hat
Enterprise Virtualization Manager are advised to install these updated packages,
which fix these issues.
These updated packages will be provided to users of Red Hat Enterprise
Virtualization Hypervisor in the next rhev-hypervisor6 errata package.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.3 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization 3 for RHEL 6 x86_64
- BZ - 819316 - edit of domain while there are running tasks will cause time out for other tasks sent
- BZ - 854019 - we do not recover from access list issues
- BZ - 873243 - vdsm logs an error when VLAN is removed or changed on RHEVH host
- BZ - 875708 - deleteImage operations failing due to busy vols (KeyError: 'de12c33b-fbaa-4c32-a1db-ad41d4c1b389')
- BZ - 880547 - VDSM returns empty list of tasks at reboot - Cause the VM and images to stay in lock status
- BZ - 883858 - vdsm: failure to move disk with 'truesize' error in vdsm will show the same exit message in event log
- BZ - 883877 - event log is reporting general exception when mount fails on posix domain
- BZ - 883937 - vdsm [POSIX]: no clear error when cifs domain creation fails when vdsm is trying to read metadata with directio
- BZ - 887909 - PRD33 - auto shrink qcow volumes on merge of block volumes
- BZ - 893576 - PRD33 - Add VDSM hooks for updateDevice
- BZ - 905038 - vdsm: when delete of volume fails we can still see the volume in getImagesList
- BZ - 918536 - VDSM fails to connect to guest agent within VMs with >54 character names
- BZ - 927985 - ISO/EXPORT NFS storage domains are looked up in LVM
- BZ - 947905 - vdsm-reg: error on console when http protocol is used for registration
- BZ - 948232 - vdsm storage latency timings are inaccurate
- BZ - 950055 - Vdsm uses not updated cache when doing getStorageDomainStats
- BZ - 952089 - [vdsm] vdsm pid should be printed to vdsm log when service starts
- BZ - 958009 - [vdsm] /var/lib/vdsm/netconfback is missing during vdsm rpm check (fails TPS tests)
- BZ - 958367 - [vdsm] prepareForShutdown is not called when connection to libvirt is broken [with no running vms]
- BZ - 960635 - "Drive image file %s could not be found" message contains unparsed "%s"
- BZ - 960952 - cannot run VM when vdsm not connected to pool ("Image path does not exist or cannot be accessed/created")
- BZ - 961038 - vdsm: after delete of a snapshot that was created during a failed LSM, vm fails to run with "Meta Data key not found" error
- BZ - 964595 - [vdsm] add dependency on the new iscsiadm package
- BZ - 964649 - vdsm: spmStop will be called because of 'TypeError: 'dictionary-keyiterator' object is unsubscriptable' error in vdsm when removing a template with depended vms from the export domain
- BZ - 964768 - Add second LUN for already connected target need manually run multipath reload
- BZ - 964967 - PRD33 - [RFE] vdsm-tool for offline usages
- BZ - 966133 - [vdsm] When running vdsm on a vm as fake host, vdsm initiates many processes of supervdsm in each run
- BZ - 967605 - Cannot attach FC storage domain to RHEV when using QLogic iSCSI HBA offload card
- BZ - 971318 - PRD33 - super vdsm as a service
- BZ - 977434 - [vdsm] vdsm does not support engine versions 3.2 and 3.3
- BZ - 977758 - vdsm is reporting negative values for available memory
- BZ - 977843 - Get proper error when sending non-existing network in setupNetworks
- BZ - 977926 - VDSM: Failed in CreateStoragePoolVDS when sanlock service is already running
- BZ - 977940 - rpcbind service is not started during host installation
- BZ - 979193 - Storage operations are slow, long waits on OperationMutex
- BZ - 979753 - [vdsm] LV metadata corruption after failed LSM and snapshots merge
- BZ - 980174 - adding a tagged vlan network to rhevm network interface will change rhevm network boot protocol from dhcp to none
- BZ - 981055 - Change lvm filter to access RHEV PVs only by full path /dev/mapper/wwid
- BZ - 981962 - [vdsm] wrong disk state report by engine in case of a failure in disk hotplug/hotunplug
- BZ - 982004 - [vdsm] vdsm fails to rollback tasks after a failure in create snapshot (with several disks)
- BZ - 982617 - [vdsm] getImagesList returns ordered hash with each letter on new line (NFS only)
- BZ - 982632 - Configuring a vlanned network over an existing and used interface takes down the interface
- BZ - 982634 - [Migration Network] VDSM takes itself down on failure to connect to destination libvirtd
- BZ - 983630 - [vdsm] engine address does not appear in vdsm.log when SSL connection problem occurs
- BZ - 983989 - While configuration host networks: IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/sys/class/net/bonding_masters'
- BZ - 984028 - [RHEVM][backend][vdsm][multiple gateways] Keep ovirt management as default in the main routing table always
- BZ - 984267 - superVdsm fails to connect to libvirt socket after linvirtd service restart
- BZ - 984616 - [vdsm] vdsm fails to bind to port due to another vdsm process running
- BZ - 985220 - logcollector does not collect /var/log/sanlock.log from hypervisors
- BZ - 985735 - Failed to LSM, "RuntimeError: Disk 'vda' already has an ongoing replication"
- BZ - 985770 - [vdsm] AttributeError: GuestAgent instance has no attribute '_sock' during vmDestroy. VM is stuck in 'Powering down(not responding)' state
- BZ - 985891 - Can't create bridgeless (non vm) network.
- BZ - 986635 - No dependency between “Vdsmd” and “SuperVdsmd” daemons
- BZ - 987335 - [supervdsm] supervdsm crashes when parsing misformed ip rule
- BZ - 987525 - Can't update the bond name
- BZ - 987833 - dumpStorageTable produces an avoidable traceback if vdsmd is down.
- BZ - 988400 - [vdsm] VM migration is failing in case dst host has connectivity problems to an irrelevant storage domain
- BZ - 990985 - shutdown/reboot VM causes an exception on removeVmFromMonitoredDomains
- BZ - 991091 - [vdsm] after a crash of libvirt, vdsm is stuck in recovery phase and unable to initialize
- BZ - 991423 - [vdsm] Template export fails due to missing attribute (NFS only)
- BZ - 994600 - [vdsm] SuperVdsm fails to start due to ValueError: ipaddr rhevm is not properly defined
- BZ - 995003 - 'Vm' object has no attribute 'addVmToMonitoredDomains'
- BZ - 995142 - DHCP FAIL $reason removes source routing configuration on management network
- BZ - 996146 - [vdsm] VM migration occasionally fails
- BZ - 998411 - [vdsm] guest alignment scan fails on host due to lvchange (deactivate lv) failure
- BZ - 998443 - _highWrite should not extend a drive if the highest allocated extent is outside the capacity of the volume.
- BZ - 999840 - ovirt-hosted-engine setup fails to mount storage domain because vdsm uses wrong path.
- BZ - 999853 - Resarting supervdsmd service after performing libvirt reconfigure
- BZ - 1000816 - [vdsm] lvremove fails when vdsm tries to delete leftover volumes from dst SD after a failure in LSM during syncImageData
- BZ - 1001001 - Running vm in "runOnce" mode prevent to unlink vnic from vm
- BZ - 1001704 - Restarting VDSM results in traffic duplication on a NIC with port mirroring
- BZ - 1002246 - Accents in the vm name break the migration
- BZ - 1002300 - UpdateVmDevice doesn't update the network bandwidth of the vnic
- BZ - 1003588 - Paused VM not unpaused when vdsm is starting and storage domain is valid
- BZ - 1003629 - VM operating system stuck (Windows) during successful live disk resize with VirtIO disk
- BZ - 1003649 - It is impossible to hotplug a disk if the previous hotplug failed
- BZ - 1003822 - [vdsm] vdsmd fails to start with "Command '/sbin/service' failed to execute" on host install
- BZ - 1004196 - Assigning a non_vm/vlan/bond network with MTU to a host doesn't effect its interface.
- BZ - 1006203 - no SPM failover after SPM lost connection to storage
- BZ - 1006842 - Traceback on booting of rhevh
- BZ - 1009469 - 3.3 RHEV-toolsSetup iso is not attached to Windows VM
- BZ - 1009812 - LVM logical volumes on FC SDs are activated automatically after hypervisor reboot
- BZ - 1010667 - Password is required to start vdsmd
- BZ - 1011505 - AcquireLockFailure failed to AttachStorageDomainVDS, Cannot obtain lock, wrong lease value
- BZ - 1011608 - Unable to migrate VM between 3.3 (is14) hosts and older hosts
- BZ - 1012944 - Device identifier mismatch when extending iscsi domain
- BZ - 1013617 - [vdsm] Migration fails - unsupported configuration: Unable to find security driver for label selinux
- BZ - 1014942 - [vdsm] Creating several disks at once fails CreateVolume with LVReplaceTagError sometimes
- BZ - 1015071 - fail to delete snapshot based on a preallocated LV
- BZ - 1015171 - engine report task failure after "after_nic_hotplug" hook fails, although HW plug completed successfully
- BZ - 1015887 - Migration status verb fails on engine side due to change in response format
- BZ - 1015964 - [VDSM] VDSM fails to Refresh image list for local ISO_DOMAIN (OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: )
- BZ - 1019205 - [RFE] add the transient disk support in vdsm
- BZ - 1019273 - [RFE] vdsm should be able to monitor domains also when not connected to a pool
- BZ - 1019360 - vdsm not starts properly after clean installation.
- BZ - 1020543 - Moving one storage domain to maintenance makes the entire data center unusable
- BZ - 1021557 - Failed to create StoragePool to FCP Data Center
- BZ - 1021882 - GlusterFS mount succeeded and exists although the create storage domain failed
- BZ - 1022975 - [vdsm] storage domain upgrade fails with attributeError
- BZ - 1022976 - SD is partially accessible after extending.
- BZ - 1023733 - Override python-cpopen package
- BZ - 1024784 - Stale NFS client view
- BZ - 1025780 - Cannot disable KSM
- BZ - 1026556 - avoid vdsm segfaults due to m2crypto
- BZ - 1027297 - hosted-engine --vm-shutdown throws an exception when ha agent tries to stop engine vm after maintenance mode on the host was set to "local".
- BZ - 1028093 - vdsm.spec missing lvm2 >= 2.02.100-5 requirement
- BZ - 1028972 - [RHS-C] Error while executing action Add Gluster Hook: Internal Engine Error
- BZ - 1029501 - [vdsm] VM disk does not get resized when performing live virtual disk resize on block storage
- BZ - 1031109 - [vdsm] vdsm.spec restorecon verbosity
- BZ - 1031592 - vdsm fails to start if reconfiguring of libvirt was performed.
- BZ - 1031707 - [VDSM] vdsm 3.3.0 should not require vdsm-gluster rpm
- BZ - 1032925 - Domain monitoring stops after disconnecting and reconnecting storage pool leading to bogus "No space left" error
- BZ - 1036680 - [vdsm] Disk hotlpug/hotunplug fails in case the disk was live migrated before
- BZ - 1037533 - vds_boostrap from rhev-3.0 would fail to add a fresh host when VLAN is defined on top of its NIC
- BZ - 1040232 - Non-fatal POSTUN scriptlet failure in rpm package vdsm
- BZ - 1040359 - [vdsm] Failure in postun scriptlet: saslpasswd2: user not found (vdsm@ovirt != vdsm@rhevh)
- BZ - 1040884 - ha broker floods vdsm.log file
- BZ - 1047333 - Deleting disk fails with glusterfs storage domain
- BZ - 1047356 - VM payload cdrom/floppy fail to mkdir/mount
Red Hat Virtualization 3.3
Red Hat Virtualization 3 for RHEL 6