RHBA-2013:0003 - Bug Fix Advisory
rhevm bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated rhevm packages that fix various bugs are now available.
The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager is a centralized management
platform that allows system administrators to view and manage virtual machines.
The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager provides a comprehensive range of
features including search capabilities, resource management, live migrations,
and virtual infrastructure provisioning.
The Manager is a JBoss Application Server application that provides several
interfaces through which the virtual environment can be accessed and interacted
with, including an Administration Portal, a User Portal, and a Representational
State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interface (API).
Previously upgrading from Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager 3.0 to 3.1
was not formally supported. This update fixes a number of known issues with the
upgrade process. As a result upgrading from Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Manager 3.0 to 3.1 is now supported for the majority of installations.
- Upgrades of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0 environments that contain V1
format block (iSCSI or FCP) storage domains that (1) are larger than 250 GB in
size and (2) were created in Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 2.2, are not
supported. Changing the compatibility mode of a data center that contains such
storage domains to 3.1 will result in a failure. A future update will correct
this issue. Please note that V1 block storage domains created using the REST API
in Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0 are unaffected. (BZ#893184)
For more information on upgrading to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager
3.1 consult the Installation Guide:
Additional tips and considerations to take into account are also available in
the Red Hat Knowledge Base:
Information on the bugs fixed in this update is available in the Technical Notes
All Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager administrators are advised to
install these updated packages which fix these bugs.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Virtualization 3.1 x86_64
- BZ - 877053 - api: Misleading status / returned object when trying to create user with incomplete parameters
- BZ - 879719 - power management: Fence Host fails if something went wrong in FenceQuietTimeBetweenOperationsInSec window [180seconds]
- BZ - 879721 - Backend: incomplete error message in engine.log: "Failed to query rootDSE for LDAP server LDAP://qa2-tlv.qa.lab.tlv.redhat.com:389 due to qa2-tlv.qa.lab.tlv.redhat.com:389"
- BZ - 879722 - PCI addresses are deleted when VM Template is imported
- BZ - 879723 - rhevm-manage-domains for domain missing SRV records do not print correct error message
- BZ - 879724 - webadmin [Guide-me]: creating a new DC will not prompt the guide me
- BZ - 879725 - [admin-portal] - the text displayed for announcing a new RHEV-Hypervisor version is not clear enough [TEXT]
- BZ - 880020 - rhevm-manage-domains -passwordFile=<existing empty file> give exception.
- BZ - 880745 - Upgrade from 3.0.x to 3.1 requires a standalone utility that enables to review async tasks and clean them
- BZ - 882653 - [MLA] Configure_disk_storage should be removed from DiskOperator and from UserVmManager
- BZ - 883361 - Dns SRV records are sent to an empty domain
- BZ - 883444 - Cannot run VM that was created and updated with Payload via REST API
- BZ - 884226 - RDP client not launch on Windows machine
- BZ - 884242 - ovirt-engine-notification-service : Notification service fails to send email notification when $MAIL_FROM is not defined ( Failed to dispatch message java.lang.NullPointerException )
- BZ - 884244 - upgrade 3.0 to 3.1: event notification is not sent.
- BZ - 884639 - [rhevm-upgrade] Need to add dwh and reports to rollback steps
- BZ - 884640 - [RHEVM] [upgrade] [backend] Should upgrade of ssh public key when upgrading from 3.0
- BZ - 884642 - [rhevm-upgrade] Rollback steps should be printed to a user when failing on DB upgrade
- BZ - 888217 - 3.1.z - notifier.conf is replaced during upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1
- BZ - 888222 - 3.1.z [TEXT]No user feedback on 3.0->3.1 upgrade (on screen OR in yum.log) in between package removal and installation.
- BZ - 888223 - 3.1.z Upgrade: version lock contents are lost after upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1
- BZ - 888938 - ISO uploader: on upgrade, change the default port for 'rhevm' in /etc/ovirt-engine/isouploader.conf to localhost:8443 (and not the default 443)
- BZ - 890817 - /var/lib/ovirt-engine/backups ownership changes in upgrade via yum (from ovirt:ovirt to root:root)
- BZ - 891338 - upgrade from 3.0 should be supported in 3.1.1
- BZ - 893011 - 3.1.z - [rhevm-upgrade] database is not updated with new format of unique ids
- BZ - 893012 - [ovirt-engine-backend] DB upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1 fails
- BZ - 893020 - Add Firefox 17 ESR as fully supported browser
Red Hat Virtualization 3.1