RHBA-2011:1483 - Bug Fix Advisory
device-mapper-multipath bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated device-mapper-multipath packages that fix one bug are now available for
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
The device-mapper-multipath packages provide tools to manage multipath devices
by using the device-mapper multipath kernel module, as well as by creating and
removing partitions for Device-Mapper devices.
This update fixes the following bug:
- The multipath priority callout programs did not work correctly with CCISS
(Compaq Command Interface for SCSI-3 Support) devices because the multipath
utility was not able to convert the "!" character in the CCISS sysfs name to the
"/" character in the CCISS device name. As a consequence, callout programs
failed to set path priorities for these devices. The underlying code has been
modified, and the multipath utility now supports the new "%c" wildcard for
callout functions, and thus ensures the correct CCISS names conversion.
All users of device-mapper-multipath are advised to upgrade to these updated
packages, which fix this bug.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 5 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 i386
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5