RHBA-2011:1152 - Bug Fix Advisory
device-mapper-multipath bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated device-mapper-multipath packages that fix one bug are now available for
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
The device-mapper-multipath packages provide tools to manage multipath devices
by giving the dm-multipath kernel module instructions on what to do, as well as
by managing the creation and removal of partitions for Device-Mapper devices.
This update fixes the following bug:
- Previously, device-mapper-multipath was looking for a CCISS device information
at the incorrect location in the sysfs file system. As a consequence, it was
impossible to configure multipath on CCISS devices. This bug has been fixed,
device-mapper-multipath now finds the device information properly in the
described scenario, and multipath can now be properly configured on CCISS
All users of device-mapper-multipath are advised to upgrade to these updated
packages, which fix this bug.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via the Red Hat Network. Details on how to
use the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 5 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 i386
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5