RHBA-2010:0299 - Bug Fix Advisory
lvm2-cluster bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated lvm2-cluster packages that fix several bugs and add enhancements
are now available.
The lvm2-cluster packages contain support for Logical Volume Management
(LVM) in a clustered environment.
This update ensures that the bugs fixed by the lvm2 advisory are also fixed
in a clustered environment.
This update applies the following bug fixes:
- Fixes pvmove abort to be cluster-aware when temporary mirror activation
- Always query active device by using uuid only in cluster.
- Unlocks shared lock in clvmd if device activation call failed.
- Fixes clvmd to never scan suspended devices.
- Never uses distributed lock for LV in non-clustered VG.
- Fixes clvmd memory leak in lv_info_by_lvid.
- Fixes clvmd segfault when refresh_toolcontext fails.
- Makes clvmd return 0 on success rather than 1.
This update adds the following enhancements:
- Propagates commit and revert metadata notifications to other nodes in
- Allows implicit convert to the same cluster lock mode.
- Adds LSB standard headers and functions to clvmd initscript.
Users of lvm2-cluster are advised to upgrade to these updated packages,
which resolve these issues and add these enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage (for RHEL Server) 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage (for RHEL Server) 5 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage (for RHEL Server) 5 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage (for RHEL Server) 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage (for RHEL Server) from RHUI 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage (for RHEL Server) from RHUI 5 i386
- BZ - 506986 - clvmd segfaults during pvs option checks
- BZ - 517900 - bypass of exclusive vg/lv lock
- BZ - 528208 - clvmd cmds all report 1 for success instead of 0
- BZ - 538515 - lvm2-cluster does not properly refresh device cache for newly appeared devices
- BZ - 538571 - intermittent mirror creation failures after pvmove operation
- BZ - 539670 - clvmd segfaults when attempting basic operations
- BZ - 543146 - clvmd memory leak when activating clustered volume
- BZ - 547842 - unable to restore log device after successful failure and core conversion
- BZ - 562004 - a mirror fault policy set to remove results in the repair failing on all but one node in cluster
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage (for RHEL Server) 5