RHBA-2008:0804 - Bug Fix Advisory
GFS bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated GFS packages that fix various issues are now available.
The gfs-utils packages provide the user-space tools for mounting, creating
and using GFS file systems.
The updated gfs-utils packages apply the following bug fixes:
- the gfs_tool command using the lockdump argument would incorrectly report
an 'unknown mountpoint' error.
- using the gfs_tool with the gettune or df arguments would result in a
"Cannot allocate memory" error. gfs_tool now correctly allocates memory for
- a bug caused GFS to report incorrect file system sizes. GFS now reports
the actual file system size.
- the gfs_fsck command can now repair corruption caused by old versions of
the gfs_grow command.
All GFS users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which
resolve these bugs.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 i386
- BZ - 421761 - 'gfs_tool lockdump' wrongly says 'unknown mountpoint' re HP cciss RAID array
- BZ - 435469 - gfs_tool: Cannot allocate memory
- BZ - 440896 - GFS: gfs_fsck should repair gfs_grow corruption (see bug #436383)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4