RHBA-2007:0990 - Bug Fix Advisory
cman-kernel bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated cman-kernel packages that fix module loading issues and various
bugs are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.6, kernel release
The cman-kernel packages contain modules that allow the cluster manager
(cman) to communicate with the kernel.
These updated packages fix the following bugs:
- in rare situations, a kernel panic may have occurred after a cmirror
device failed. This has been resolved in these updated packages.
- a bug which caused a NULL pointer dereference in cman:process_messages
was fixed. An "Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference" error was
As well, these updated cman-kernel packages are in sync with the latest
kernel (2.6.9-67.EL). The modules in earlier cman-kernel packages failed to
load because they did not match the running kernel. It was possible to
force load the modules; however, with this update, users no longer need to.
Users are advised to upgrade to these latest cman-kernel packages, which
are updated for use with the 2.6.9-67.EL kernel.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4 i386
- BZ - 199433 - NULL pointer dereference in cman:process_messages for cmirror
- BZ - 233521 - cman panic in start_transition after cmirror device failure caused node to shut down
Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4