RHBA-2007:0736 - Bug Fix Advisory
hts bug fix available
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated hts package that fixes several bugs and adds an enhancement is
An updated HTS package that fixes various bugs and adds several
enhancements is now available.
The HTS package is the Red Hat Hardware Test Suite .
The updated packages fixes the following bugs:
- the video test was dependent on two unnecessary log files, those files
have been removed.
- HTS will no longer use "dmidecode" on the Itanium architecture.
- HTS can now correctly detect IBM eHCA InfiniBand network devices.
- the ServeRaid 6m controller is now correctly recognized by HTS.
- CD-ROM test log file size is reduced.
- a error causing floppy test to report a false positive is fixed.
- Removed unnecessary files in the rpm package.
- the list of rpm dependencies was incomplete, dependencies have been
updated to resolve this.
- documentation has been updated to reflect changes made to HTS.
The following features and enhancements are added with the updated package:
- HTS will now let user input the machine's "model" if it is not available
from the BIOS.
- a "hts clean" command has been added.
- info test functionality has been enhanced.
- it is now possible to add virtual devices into test plan manually. This
can be done by running "hts plan --add --test TESTNAME --device DEVICENAME"
where TESTNAME is the name of your test plan and DEVICENAME is the name of
the device to be added.
Users are advised to upgrade to this updated hts package which fixes
several bugs and adds the enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages.
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
- Red Hat Hardware Certification Test Suite 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Hardware Certification Test Suite 5 ppc
- Red Hat Hardware Certification Test Suite 5 ia64
- Red Hat Hardware Certification Test Suite 5 i386
- BZ - 230354 - Missing requires in the hts rpm
- BZ - 230409 - Test depends on unnecessary logfile
- BZ - 230597 - FEAT: request for an 'hts clean" command
- BZ - 231894 - hts discover attempts to use dmidecode which does not exist on ia64
- BZ - 232091 - DVD+ media will results in vary verbose output.logs
- BZ - 233190 - floppy reports a false positive
- BZ - 233248 - RHEL5 Server xen guest image need more then 6GB file space.
- BZ - 234112 - Can not submit testing results if harness doesn't find machine's "model"
- BZ - 234577 - Request for INFO test's enhancements on IA64
- BZ - 237556 - Documentation should be added for size of swap space when running memory test
- BZ - 238826 - Package obsoletes itself which crashes yum
Red Hat Hardware Certification Test Suite 5