RHBA-2007:0110 - Bug Fix Advisory
module-init-tools bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated module-init-tools packages that fix a bug with initrd handling on
Itanium systems are now available.
The module-init-tools package contains various system utilities for loading,
removing, and maintaining Linux Kernel Modules (device drivers).
A defect was discovered in the special case handling of bootpath drivers
on Itanium systems. Due to incorrect handling of the location of certain
boot files, it was possible for the bootloader configuration to become
corrupted. This situation only occurred when driver updates specifically
modifying the system bootpath drivers were installed (for example,
overriding the driver used for the root filesystem block device), but
was potentially serious.
Users are advised to apply this update, containing the updated
module-init-tools, which resolves this issue.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 5 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 i386
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5