RHBA-2006:0702 - Bug Fix Advisory
dlm-kernel bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated dlm-kernel packages that fix various bugs are now
available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Update 4, kernel release
The dlm-kernel modules allow the dlm (distributed lock manager) to
communicate with the kernel.
The following fixes were applied:
- fixed a bug which caused the lkid to roll over when a high level of lock
activity occurred for a long time
- fixed a bug which caused GFS to hang when shutting down in certain
Users are advised to upgrade to these latest dlm-kernel packages, which
are updated for use with the 2.6.9-42.0.2.EL kernel.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 i386
- BZ - 199673 - lock_dlm assertion failing under heavy (hard)linking or unlinking
This erratum does not contain any packages.