RHBA-2006:0572 - Bug Fix Advisory
system-config-cluster bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated system-config-cluster package that provides various bug fixes is
The system-config-cluster package contains a utility that allows you to
manage cluster configuration in a graphical setting.
This erratum applies the following bug fixes:
- Problems handling certain control characters in form fields have been fixed.
- A bug related to persistence of the monitor link checkbox state has been
- A cancel button has been added to the lock choice dialog box, allowing
the user to return to the previous screen.
- The 'Work Group' label on the Samba service form has been corrected to
- GuLM has been changed to read GULM.
- Through the UI it is now possible to set an alias or 'pretty name' for
the cluster name.
- The RelaxNG schema file has been updated according to GUI changes so
that invalid cluster.conf files are again warned about.
- Unnecessary lib-glade warnings have been removed.
Users of system-config-cluster should upgrade to this updated package,
which resolves these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains the
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4 i386
- BZ - 179559 - Impropper character entity handling in system-config-cluster
- BZ - 180507 - system-config-cluster does not handle monitor link properly
- BZ - 181725 - Cannot back out of Lock Method Dialog box (File =>New)
- BZ - 182516 - Resource Config dialog box, Samba Service, "Work Group" should be "Workgroup"
- BZ - 183217 - Use "GULM" instead of "GuLM"
- BZ - 190361 - Regression: GUI no longers warns of an invalid cluster.conf file
- BZ - 192134 - Regression: multiple libglade-WARNING's when using the GUI
Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4