RHBA-2006:0557 - Bug Fix Advisory
rgmanager bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated rgmanager packages that fix various bugs are now available.
The rgmanager package contains the Red Hat Resource Group Manager, which
provides high availability of critical server applications in the event of
planned or unplanned system downtime.
This update applies the following bug fixes:
- A bug which did not allow share filesystems to unmount if rgmanager dies
on a node is now fixed.
- Various usability issues have been addresed.
- The nfsclient.sh script now supports wildcard targets.
- clustat no longer hangs when one of the nodes is rebooting.
- A bug which caused clustat to timeout when a large number of IP services
was configured is now fixed.
- clusvcadm now supports locking of the cluster's service managers
- clustat -s now only displays the server specified instead of all servers.
- A bug which could potentially cause a service to be hung in the
'recovering' state is now fixed.
- A bug which caused a random segfault in clurgmgrd is now fixed.
- A bug which could potentially allow a service to be relocated without
first unmounting a shared file-system is now fixed.
- A bug which could cause clmvd to hang on startup is now fixed.
- A bug which caused status messages to fail with error 127 is now fixed.
Users are advised to upgrade to these updated rgmanager packages.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 i386
- BZ - 175010 - clusvcadm does not support locking
- BZ - 176343 - rg_test fails on x86_64
- BZ - 179662 - if a service is on the not-most-preferred member of an ordered failover domain (and a more-preferred node is online) and the service itself incurs an error
- BZ - 181539 - failed assertion in rg_thread.c
- BZ - 182454 - clustat hangs when one of nodes is in rebooting
- BZ - 185388 - Ordering of NFS exports
- BZ - 185952 - clustat -s reports all services rather than just the specified one
- BZ - 190234 - Clustat times out with 8 nodes and 24 IP services
- BZ - 190408 - Unable to manage large number of services on 8 node cluster
- BZ - 191205 - rgmanager init script comment typo on line 19
- BZ - 191398 - Port last_transition_time from CS3 to CS4
- BZ - 192999 - clustat usability issues
- BZ - 193859 - rgmanager relocates a service forgetting to umount the file-systems
- BZ - 200449 - status and export issues with NFS HA filesystems
This erratum does not contain any packages.