RHBA-2006:0554 - Bug Fix Advisory
ccs bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated ccs packages that fix various bugs are now available.
The ccs (Cluster Configuration System) package provides the ability for
nodes in a cluster to obtain information about the cluster and each other.
This update applies the following bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug which could cause ccsd to crash on an upgrade.
- The ccsd init script and daemon now print errors.
- Fixed a bug which caused ccsd to crash if a node did not have a "votes"
- ccsd will no longer grab a random configuration file from the network if
cluster.conf file is not present on the local machine.
- Fixed possible hangs in applications using ccs.
All users of ccs should upgrade to these updated packages, which apply
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains the
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 i386
- BZ - 178812 - ccsd needs more information in certain failure cases
- BZ - 186121 - ccs_tool upgrade does not handle fence args properly
- BZ - 192136 - seg fault when attempting 'ccs_tool lsnode'
- BZ - 193905 - CCS will grab random conf file from network if one is not present locally
- BZ - 194361 - deadlock with 'service rgmanager stop'
This erratum does not contain any packages.