RHBA-2006:0352 - Bug Fix Advisory
ypserv bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated ypserv packages that fix various bugs are now available.
The Network Information Service (NIS) is a system that provides
network information (login names, passwords, home directories, group
information) to all of the machines on a network. NIS allows users
to log in on any machine on the network, as long as the machine has
the NIS client programs running and the user's password is recorded in
the NIS passwd database. NIS was formerly known as Sun Yellow Pages
The following issues were addressed:
- -Re-added DNS lookup functionality into ypserv which was removed during
the update from ypserv-1.3 to ypserv-2.8.
- -Fixed an issue which caused the wrong return value to be returned when
starting ypserv from the init script.
All users of ypserv should upgrade to these updated packages, which
resolves these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages. To launch the Red Hat
Update Agent, use the following command:
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 170325 - Add ability to do DNS lookups in ypserv
- BZ - 185331 - ypserv -b segfaults on dns lookups on 64 bit archs.
- BZ - 185334 - rhel4u3 ypserv seems broken (ypserv-2.13-9.x86_64)
- BZ - 185402 - Typo in the startup script
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3