RHBA-2006:0043 - Bug Fix Advisory
autofs bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated autofs package that fixes various bugs is now available.
The autofs package controls the operation of the automount daemons. The
automount daemons automatically mount and unmount file systems after a
period of inactivity. File systems can include network file systems,
CD-ROMs, diskettes, and other media.
This updated package addresses the following issues:
A bug was fixed that caused autofs to fail to properly remount a
ghosted yp wildcard map.
The logging priority was lowered for ldap objectclass error messages to
prevent excessive error messages.
A bug was fixed that caused autofs to mount the incorrect directory if a
filemap contained a key that began with the same characters as another
key and the map was recently modified.
A feature was added that allows users to specify an alternative master
map when using ldap.
All users of autofs should upgrade to this updated package, which resolves
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains the
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
If up2date fails to connect to Red Hat Network due to SSL
Certificate Errors, you need to install a version of the
up2date client with an updated certificate. The latest version of
up2date is available from the Red Hat FTP site and may also be
downloaded directly from the RHN website:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 161358 - ghosted wildcard mounts from NIS maps fail to remount properly after timeout
This erratum does not contain any packages.