RHBA-2005:787 - Bug Fix Advisory
Updated XFree86 packages are available
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated XFree86 packages that fix two regressions that were present in the
previous XFree86 update are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.
XFree86 is an implementation of the X Window System, which provides
the core functionality for the Linux graphical desktop.
This update resolves the following regressions:
- A regression in the X server's PCI config space handling code, which
could cause systems with Intel and possibly other video hardware to have
corrupt video or hang, is resolved
- A regression in the xfs font server is resolved
Users of XFree86 should upgrade to these updated packages.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 168716 - Latest errata-candidate packages break Intel driver
- BZ - 168729 - xfs-rowstride-fix is wrong
This erratum does not contain any packages.